- Bachelor of Science, while receiving honors, in Microbiology from The Ohio Sate University
- Doctor of Surgical Dentistry from Case Western Reserve University, where as a dental student, he taught Prosthodontics
- MSD Degree in the field of Cosmetic Reconstruction of gums and teeth and a specialty certificate in Periodontal-Prosthodontics from the University of Washington.
- American Dental Association Certified Instructor and author of nationally published articles on cosmetic dentistry
- Taught at the University of Washington Dental School and teaches and speaks at various seminars and continuing education classes.
- Dr. Marxen and our entire team consistently attend continuing education classes to be able to offer the best possible care to our patients.
- Dr. Marxen has his: Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatrics Advanced Life Support Certification
- Thomas Marxen, DDS, MSD has been selected as one of the America’s Best Dentists for 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Read more…
Dentists were selected based on training, experience, continuing education, and evidence of dedication to excellence. Selections were made by the National Consumer Advisory Board, an organization that identifies top professionals in their fields.
The National Consumer Advisory Board accepts no fees, sponsorships, donations or advertising in their selection process. Only dentists that satisfy all of the board’s criteria qualify for their prestigious directory. For more information, please go to www.TodaysBestDentists.com
Dr. Marxen is married to a physician who specializes in Geriatric Internal Medicine at Evergreen Senior Health Specialists. They have four children (Chad, Lance, Troy, Gina) and a Chocolate Lab named Mocha. Both Dr. Marxen and his wife have recently returned from a medical-dental trip to Mexico where they provided medical and dental care to the native Indians who live in the mountains.
Dr. Marxen loves to spend time with his family, playing basketball, tennis, water and snow skiing, or mountain climbing. Dr. Marxen is an active supporter of many local community functions and is an active participant in the Seattle-King County Dental Society. He is also an active member of Rotary International and past Treasurer.